- Social Contribution
Celltrion founded the Celltrion Welfare Foundation and continues to help our neighbors in need through volunteer programs involving employees.
The Celltrion Welfare Foundation helps underprivileged groups around the company’s business sites in Incheon and Chungcheongbuk-do with their meals, medical expenses, living expenses, and tuition fees. The foundation also organizes monthly food markets, runs shelters for teenagers and soup kitchens, and supplies pharmaceutical products to underdeveloped countries in Africa and Asia.
Celltrion strictly complies with environmental regulations in and outside of Korea to minimize the environmental impact of its production processes. The company also has numerous environmental facilities and systems in place.
- Toxic chemical control
- Manage facility risk based on off-site consequence analysis
- Organize a chemical accident surveillance system and an accident response team
- Conduct regular civil-government joint training to prevent chemical accidents
- Certified on managing facility safety test
- Energy & resource control
- Obtained Energy Champion certification from KEMCO
- Maintains an enterprise-wide resource-saving campaign
- Stores waste at designated storage areas and recycles
- Follows the international carbon emissions trading system
- Air pollution control
- Complies with total emission cap
- Installed Low-NOx burners*
- Installed biofilters at wastewater disposal facilities
- Retains external experts to analyze and control odors
Burners with reduced emission of nitrogen oxide (NOx)
- Water environment protection
- Builds wastewater facilities at each plant
- Discharges water to sewage treatment plans after physical, chemical, and biological treatment
- Strictly complies with the discharge limits under the Water Environment Conservation Act
- Analyzes wastewater contamination levels
Celltrion has ethics and compliance policies in place that apply to all executives and employees.
We seek to resolve possible conflicts between us and our employees, partners, and authorities ethically and amicably, and to fulfill our social responsibilities for compliance, transparency, fairness, and ethical management.